By rail: Amtrak train to Penn Station.
By plane: The closest airport to the city is BWI. From there it is easy to get to the city, either by:
- Rent a car (any of the major rental agencies)
- Ride the MARC commuter train ($4/person to Penn Station on the Penn line, schedules here)
- Take a Super Shuttle (about $20 Super Shuttle website)
- From the South: I-95N to I-395N into the city.
- From the North: I-95S to I-695W to I-83S.
Be aware that parking in downtown Baltimore is possible but can be expensive. Parking near the venue is free but is all street parking so it can be difficult to find.
There are many ways to get around the city, including to/from downtown, Penn Station, and the wedding venue:
- The Charm City Circulator is a free city bus with routes throughout downtown. The Purple Route goes to Penn Station but none of the routes reach the venue. Routes and schedules here
- Car services: Uber (sign up here for free credit) or Lyft (sign up here for free credit), cheaper than a taxi!!
- Taxi (easy to hail downtown and at major corners of St Paul and Charles Sts)
- Rent a Zipcar
Things to do:
- Walk around the Inner Harbor area
- Go to the National Aquarium
- Explore harborside Fell’s Point (take the Circulator)
- Visit a free art museum: the Walter’s Art Museum or the Baltimore Museum of Art
- Enjoy a beautiful library: Enoch Pratt Central Branch or the George Peabody Library (limited hours)
- Take a tour or have a picnic at Fort McHenry (take the Circulator)
- Check out the funky shops and cafes on The Avenue (i.e., W 36th Street)
Places to eat:
Here are some places we enjoy, in no particular order:
- Thames Street Oyster House, Fell’s Point (seafood, consider a reservation)
- Golden West, Hampden (southwestern/TexMex/brunch)
- The Bun Shop, Midtown (all manner of buns!)
- Homeslyce, Mount Vernon (pizza/bar/indoor bocce)
- Cazbar, Mount Vernon (delicious Turkish food)
- Charmington’s, Charles Village (coffee/cafe)
- Parts & Labor, Charles Village (meat, consider a reservation)
- Milk & Honey, Mount Vernon (coffee/cafe)
- Iggies, Mount Vernon (Napoli style pizza)
- Adela, Fell’s Point (tapas)
- Sofi’s Crepes, Fell’s Point (crepes)
- TenTen Ramen, Mount Vernon (ramen)
- The Brewer’s Art, Mount Vernon (sit-down upstairs, bar food downstairs)
- Abbey Burger, Federal Hill (burgers, including great vegetarian ones!)
- Artifact Coffee, Hampden (coffee/cafe/pastries!)
- Woodberry Kitchen, Hampden (go for brunch, consider a reservation)